For the second time in Poland such a race will take place on September 25, 2016. Marathon Relay consisting of 3 legs will start simultaneously with the 38th PZU Warsaw Marathon. Both races have the same course. It is a great possibility for runners who are still hesitating to run full marathon as well as a great way to finish running season together with friends, family or colleagues.
Date: September 25, 2015
Distance: ca. 11 km; 21 km; 10 km
Entry fee: 200 PLN for team
Charity program: 600 PLN for team
Limit of teams: 500
- The organizer
- The organizer of 2nd Marathon Relay is Warsaw Marathon Foundation. 15 Brylantowa str., 05-077 Warsaw, registered under Taxpayer Identification Number (NIP) 9521913280 and Business Identification Number (REGON) 015438288.
- Contact with the organizer is available via phone: (+48) 737-444-810 and (+48 22) 749-13-33 (number not available between 23rd and 25th of September 2016), by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by ordinary mail to the mailing address: Fundacja Maraton Warszawski, ul. Grochowska 8c, 04-217 Warszawa, Poland.
- Date and venue
- The race will take place on 25th of September 2016 in the streets of Warsaw.
- The race will start at 9:00 am. The starting line will be closed after around 15 minutes from the start signal.
- The distance of the course is 42,195 km. The distances of legs: approx. 11km, approx. 21km, approx. 10km.
- The exact course of the race will be announced on the website pzumaratonwarszawski.com. Organizer has the right to change the course and in such an event will inform the participants by posting a new course on www.pzumaratonwarszawski.com. Such a change shall not create any additional claims and/or liabilities.
- Every kilometer of the course will be marked with vertical and horizontal signs.
- Runners of first leg shall start the race from one of specially marked starting pens in accordance with the declared result of whole relay team.
- Runners of second and third leg wait along the course in specially marked changeover zones. Changeovers outside these specially marked zones are not allowed.
- Time limit
- Time limit of the race is 6.5 hours counted from the start signal.
- Additional time limits are: 1 hour 30 minutes on the first changeover zone and 4 hours on the second changeover zone.
- The participants who will fail to complete the race within the time limit or will not cross the lines mentioned in the previous point in the time limit stipulated above are obliged to give it up and leave the course or come to the finish line by especially prepared “END OF RACE” bus.
- Participants remaining on the route after the specified time limit do so at their own risk and responsibility pursuant to Polish traffic regulations and Polish Civil Code
- Only individuals who are at least 16 years old or who will turn 16 at least on the day of the race, i.e. on 25th of September 2016, are allowed to participate in the race.
- Each team has to constitute of 3 runners, who cover the distances indicated in the Regulations (in given order).
- Each team member is allowed to run only one relay leg in a given team.
- One participant is allowed to run only in one team.
- Each and every team has to be verified in the Race Office. Therefore, the team leader (person that registered the team) or any other person authorized by the leader in writing has to submit following documents in the Race Office:
- race card (available to print out from team leader’s profile around two weeks before the race) signed by each team member
- written consents of parents/legal guardians (enclosed to the race card) of each minor team member
- medical certificates consenting the ability to participate in races of each minor member of the team
The address of the race office will be announced at a later date.*
The address of the race office: Służewiec Racecourse, ul. Puławska 266
Race office opening hours:
23rd of September 2016 (Friday) – 12:00 pm. – 8:00 pm.
24th of September 2016 (Saturday) – 10:00 am. – 8:00 pm.
Attention! The race office will be closed on the day of the race.
- In the Race Office the leaders will receive race kits containing: starting numbers, safety pins and keepsake T-shirts. T-shirts will be distributed in the Race Office according to previous declaration of participants. T-shirt size shall be chosen in the registration form. Change in the size will be possible in the registration form but not later than on 12th September 2016. The number of T-shirts in each size is limited and the availability of each size is not guaranteed at all times. The organizer does not guarantee receiving T-shirt in declared size.
- Race kits not collected in the race office will not be neither sent nor distributed in any other way at a later date.
- Team leader decides about the order of running of his/her team members in the registration form. The information may be changed online until September 18th, 2016 or personally in the Race Office while collecting the race kit. No change will be possible after the collection of the race kit.
- During the race all participants shall have their starting numbers horizontally attached to the front of their race tops (alternatively sweatshirt or jacket). Starting number shall be visible during whole race. Covering (in part or in whole during whole race or its part) or modification of starting number is forbidden under the penalty of disqualification. Participants are also obliged to properly install the time measuring chip (as stated in its instruction).
- The organizer allows the start of participants on wheelchairs with direct manual drive. It is not allowed to start on vehicles with: indirect drive (e.g. handbike), rim-push type or with additional wheel (e.g. FreeWheel).
- Participants of the race are obliged to follow the Regulations of the race, and rules of PZLA and IAAF.
- The organizer provides medical care on the starting line, along race course and on the finish line.
- In order to register for the race one shall fill in the registration form available at pzumaratonwarszawski.com and https://rejestracja.maratonwarszawski.com/en/
- Registration is considered to be complete when following conditions are met: application form is filled in and the entry fee payment is credited to organizer’s account.
- It is possible to register for 2nd Marathon Relay by choosing one of two paths:
- ordinary path – filling in registration form available on event’s website and settling the entry fee.
- charity path – taking part in the charity action “Biegam Dobrze” regulated in separate regulations.
- The limit of the teams is 500. The Organizer reserves the right to change limits specified hereinabove.
- Online registration closes on 12th of September 2016. After this date participants shall not settle the payments (even if the registration form was filled in before this date.
- The Organizer reserves the right to close the registration earlier due to limit of participants. In this case, also possibility to settle the payments will be suspended.
- Entry fees
- In order to start in 2nd Marathon Relay, each relay team shall pay the entry fee in the amount of PLN 200.
- Entry fee may be settled by online payment (from the aplication profile). The company Krajowy Integrator Płatności, operator of https://tpay.com/ is responsible of the safety of transactions. All data (credit card numbers) of participants are protected by a high security level such as 128 bit SSL.
- As soon as the entry fee is transferred to the bank account of the Organizer, starting number will appear by team name on the starting list at pzumaratonwarszawski.com. If the starting number will not appear within 7 days from the day of money transfer, the participant is obliged to contact with the organizer via (+48) 737-444-810 or email@example.com
- The organizer is not liable for the loss of registration form, money order or bank transfer by the fault of post office or a bank.
- Once paid, the fee is not subject to reimbursement or transfer (onto another relay team, onto another race or onto subscription of BIEGANIE magazine).
- Participant willing to receive an invoice for the entry fee are supposed to state that will in the application form and give required details. The invoice will be automatically generated at the same moment as the starting number after settling the entry fee and will be available to download from participant’s profile.
In accordance with tax regulations, due for payment before the service, advance payment invoice will be issued covering the full amount of the entry fee. Advance payment invoice is then the final invoice.
Stating the will of getting invoice participant agrees to transfer/share of invoices without the recipient’s signature in electronic form. This consent does not exclude the right of the organizer to issue and send invoices in paper form.
- Participants will receive a special deposit bag in the race kit which will allow them to leave their deposit in a special deposit area. The deposits will be given back only on the basis of starting number. In case of lost starting number the organizer is discharged from any liability for giving the deposit to someone else. Attention! It is forbidden to leave valuable objects and documents in the deposit.
- Participants have possibility to use changing room before the race. After the race there is possibility to use changing room, massage and shower.
- Participants have the possibility to use refreshment points along the course and to get regeneration package after the finish line (water and meal)
- Every participant who is willing to book a free sleeping place before the race has to inform Warsaw Marathon Foundation about it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 31st of August 2016. The organizer provides free sleeping place in a sports hall during the night from 24th to 25th of September 2016. The organize does not provide neither mattresses nor sleeping bags. Notes about granted sleeping place will be available in the information point by the race office. Only after presenting this note participants will be allowed to enter the sports hall. It is forbidden to bring and consume alcoholic beverages and other stimulants in the sports hall as well as to be under the influence of alcoholic beverages and other stimulants. The participants who will break this rule will be automatically dismissed from the sports hall.
- Refreshment points with water will be located every 2.5 km starting from 5th kilometer. Additionally, on every second refreshment station starting from 10th kilometer bananas and isotonic beverages will be available.
- The organizer does not take any personal dietary supplements from participants.
- Portable toilets are located nearby each refreshment point.
- Time splits will be taken at kilometers 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, halfway and changeover zones.
- The stuff working at time splits notes down starting numbers of participants taking shortcuts. Participants who take shortcuts or change the course are disqualified.
- The following classifications will be held during 2nd Marathon Relay:
- Electronic time measurment is the basis of classification. Special measuring mats, which will indicate the presence of the runner in the place, will be placed along the course. In the event where participant is not indicated by given time measuring mat, he/she may be disqualified.
- The general classification is based on real time (net – measured from crossing the starting line). The exception is the first 3 teams crossing the finish line – they are classified on the basis of official times (gross – gun).
- Unofficial results will be posted on pzumaratonwarszawski.com just after the race.
- The results of branch categories will be announced in the internet in three days after the race.
- Written complaints about the results can be sent to email@example.com untill 27th of September 2016, 6.00 pm. The complaints will be considered within 48 hours and final and official results will be announced on 8th of October 2016.
- The certificate of completion of 2nd Marathon Relay will be available to print out in 14 days after the race at pzumaratonwarszawski.com.
- The organizer reserves the right to introduce additional categories.
- Every finisher of 2nd Marathon Relay will receive a finisher’s keepsake medal.
- The winners of places 1-3 in final results will receive keepsake trophies.
- The organizer may offer other trophies and prizes in categories of their choice.
- Personal data of race participants will be processed for the purpose of organizing and promoting the events of the organizer, stating the race winners and awarding them.
- Personal data of participants will be processed in accordance with the applicable provisions, in particular polsih Act of 29th August 1997 on personal data protection [Ustawa o Ochronie Danych Osobowych] (Journal of Laws of 2014 pos 1182 and 1662; Journal of Laws of 2015 pos.1309)
- Processing and use of data mentioned in point XI.1. also includes the publication of: name, surname, date of birth, city and name of the club.
- Participant acknowledges that he/she is entitled to check the content of his/her data and correct them.
- Providing personal data and consent to their processing is voluntary yet necessary for participation in the race.
- Staying on the route of 2nd Marathon Relay without a valid start number is prohibited. People without valid start numbers will be removed from the route by the service crew of the run. No inline skates, bikes, nordic walking sticks or other devices are allowed without the organizer’s permission. Running with dogs is also prohibited. Only vehicles of the organizer with valid pass issued by the organizer have access on the route (bicycles, motorcycles, cars).
- During the race participants shall obey orders given by services responsible for safety, emergency services and other staff members appointed by the organizer.
- The organizer assures personal accident insurance during the race.
- Every participant is obliged to sign the declaration of acquaintance with rules and regulations of the race. By signing the declaration participant agrees for giving to him/her first aid by medical and paramedical services and for medical treatment and the transportation of the participant to safe place in case of emergency by services approved by the organizer.
- The participant declares that he/she is able to take part in the race and that he/she has no knowledge of any reasons connected with his/her state of health that could exclude him/her from participation in the race and that he/she takes part in the race on his/her own responsibility. The participant notes that participating in the run is connected with physical effort, natural risk of accident, body injury and physical trauma (including death) and material loss. Additionally, other risks which are unforeseeable now can occur. Signing this document means that the participant considered all the risks connected with the run and will start the run on his own responsibility. All the decisions made by medical service during the race about the continuation of the race by the participant are final and binding.
- A random obligatory doping control will be carried out after the race.
- By signing up to participate in the race the Participant accepts these Regulations and agrees for the free use of his image in the form of photographs or video recordings, and grants the Organizer free of charge license to use it in all fields of use, including printing/saving and spreading in any form and keeping in computer memory; to use it for promotion of the events organized by Warsaw Marathon Foundation; to share it with sponsors and partners of 2nd Marathon Relay for their promotion in the context of participation in the event; to post and publish it in the publications of Warsaw Marathon Foundation and on promotional printed materials of the Organizer, in press, on websites and in television and radio programs.
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the race without justification.
- Placement of advertisement materials on the elements of event infrastructure (i.e. fences, gates etc.) constitutes an exclusive right of the Organiser and is reserved especially for the official sponsors/partners of the race. It is not allowed to place any advertising medium along the course of the race and in the areas used for the organisation of the event (e.g. starting line zone, runner’s village) without prior consent of the Organiser.
- Only the organizer of 2nd Marathon Relay has the right for binding and final interpretation of these regulations. The organizer makes final decisions in matters not stipulated in these regulations. If any of these regulations are considered fully or in part as invalid or impossible to execute the rest of the regulations will stay (fully or in part) valid.
* change of 11/09/2016
- During the registration process, team leader has an obligation to choose one of the following paths:
- ordinary path – filling in the application form available on event’s website and settling the entry fee
- charity path – taking part in charity action “Biegam Dobrze”, regulated herein
- To register for participation in the “Biegam Dobrze” action one shall:
- choose “charity path” in the registration form
- choose the charity for which the money will be collected and transferred. Participant may choose from following 6 organizations: Amnesty International, Empowering Children Foundation (formerly Nobody’s Children Foundation), SYNAPSIS Foundation, Rak’n’Roll – Win Your Life! Foundation, “Premature Parents to Parents” Foundation, WWF Poland Foundation
- fill in all required data on money raising profile (the profile will be accessible by every user of the website and through this profile users will be able to donate money for team’s money raising)
- fill in the standard registration form (participants, t-shirt size etc.)
- After completing registration process, team leader will receive an e-mail with a link to his/her team’s individual money raising profile.
- Teams that will manage to collect 600 PLN on their profile until 31st August 2016 get their starting numbers of 2nd Marathon Relay. Supported charity organization covers then the costs of the participation in the race.
- Found raising of participants that will not manage to collect sum stipulated in point 4 ends on 31st August 2016. Teams that will manage to collect this sum (or more) are allowed to continue the collection until 5th October 2016.
- Collected money, after deducting the costs of fees and provisions (connected with online payment) are divided as follows:
- 90% of the sum is transferred to the account of chosen charity
- 10% of the collected sum of money will be dedicated to grant program „FMW dla przyszłości”, which is one of statutory purposes of Warsaw Marathon Foundation.
The division does not depend on the amount of collected money and success or failure of aim stipulated in point 4 herein.
- Team may resign from collecting money and transfer the registration from “charity path” to “ordinary path” by sending an email with this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In that case, already collected money are transferred to the charity organization in accordance to point 6 herein.
- The participants of “Biegam Dobrze” action shall obey the Regulations of 2nd Marathon Relay.
- Only the Organizer of 2nd Marathon Relay has the right for the binding and final interpretation of the Regulations. Organizer makes final decisions in matters not governed in these regulations.